The Coldest Girl in Coldtown [Unabridged] [Audible Audio Edition] Author: | Language: English | ISBN:
B00EHKBU76 | Format: PDF, EPUB
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown Epub FreeDownload books file now The Coldest Girl in Coldtown Epub Free from mediafire, rapishare, and mirror link
Tana lives in a world where walled cities called Coldtowns exist. In them, quarantined monsters and humans mingle in a decadently bloody mix of predator and prey. The only problem is, once you pass through Coldtown's gates, you can never leave.
One morning, after a perfectly ordinary party, Tana wakes up surrounded by corpses. The only other survivors of this massacre are her exasperatingly endearing ex-boyfriend, infected and on the edge, and a mysterious boy burdened with a terrible secret. Shaken and determined, Tana enters a race against the clock to save the three of them the only way she knows how: by going straight to the wicked, opulent heart of Coldtown itself.
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown is a wholly original story of rage and revenge, of guilt and horror, and of love and loathing from best-selling and acclaimed author Holly Black.
Download latest books on mediafire and other links compilation The Coldest Girl in Coldtown Epub Free
- Audible Audio Edition
- Listening Length: 12 hours and 6 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Hachette Audio
- Audible.com Release Date: September 3, 2013
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00EHKBU76
Holly Black is an author that I can rave about for days. I have read and reviewed a few books by her. I have also had the pleasure of meeting her on quite a few occasions. I consider her to be a personal hero of mine. I admire the way she creates these new worlds in her books, and characters that I have grown to love and adore. At BEA this year, I made it a priority to pick up her latest book The Coldest Girl in Coldtown.
This book was really good. It's the type of book that makes you wish that there were more hours in the day, so you can read more. It's just so captivating. But unfortunately for me the week that I read this book, I was so incredibly busy with real life, that I had to keep putting it down. I would try to force myself to stay awake a little bit longer to keep reading, and actually fell asleep while reading a few times. Most people fall asleep while reading when a book bores them, but it's actually the opposite for me. It's usually me doing everything to stay awake, but my body just collapsing on me.
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown is an extension of the short story of the same name that Holly Black wrote a few years ago. I actually did not read the short story, but after finishing the book I am gonna to hunt down a copy and read it, so I can compare the two. The novel is a modern take on vampires. Now it's been awhile since I've read a vampire book. But this book reminded me how captivating and seductive vampires can be, and also how dangerous they are. There is a perfect balance of human fascination with vampires and a nerve wracking fear.
The novel starts off with a seventeen year old girl named Tana waking up in a bathroom at a party to discover that everyone at the party has been slaughtered by vampires.
The Story:
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown started off very strong, the story starts with our main character, Tana, waking up confused after a party went tragically wrong. Black wrote the beginning so detailed and vividly that Tana's fear and unease were tangible. I held my breath as I read; the scene being incredibly realistic and disturbing. For me, after this initial segment the story started to drag and I really struggled immersing myself as thoroughly as in the beginning. I felt that things were progressing too slowly, I wanted more to happen a lot faster.
There is a lot of information that Black had to provide as a backdrop to her story. We learn though flash backs from Tana or her sister's point of view how our world turned to one where vampires are real and living among us. I felt the flashbacks provided the information I needed though I didn't particularly enjoy reading them.
I did feel the way the Coldtowns were described was sadly accurate to how it might be if real. This story was bleak and gritty. I could never decide as I was reading if I was enjoying it or not. A lot of the writing was very eloquent,
But the thing is, I hadn't known myself at all until I went away (page 350 of arc).
But other descriptions felt over done to me...granted, this is an arc so it could be edited down before the final version and I kept that in mind. An example of a really beautiful description going too far in my opinion,
His blood was shady afternoons and metal filings and tears running-thrumming through the fat roots of veins to drip syrup slow, spurting across her mouth, teeth, chin. (pg 316 of arc).
The Characters:
I never fully connected with Tana due to her decisions always seeming very na?ve to me.
Book Preview
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown Download
Please Wait...