Successful Serging: From Setup to Simple and Specialty Stitches [Kindle Edition] Author: Beth Ann Baumgartel | Language: English | ISBN:
B003ODJAJ2 | Format: PDF, EPUB
Successful Serging: From Setup to Simple and Specialty Stitches Epub FreeDownload Successful Serging: From Setup to Simple and Specialty Stitches Epub Free for everyone book with Mediafire Link Download Link
This "at your fingertips" reference contains hundreds of techniques and tips for making the most of the serger, or overlock, machine—a versatile and speedy tool for stitching garments and home decor.
Readers will learn how the serger works, the many styles available, and the variety of functional and decorative stitches possible. There are also easy-to-find-and-follow charts—of thread choices, must-have accessories, and best stitches for a range of fabric types. This book is an easy-reference collection of basic techniques, tips, and helpful information for anyone who is learning about or already owns a serger.
Download latest books on mediafire and other links compilation Successful Serging: From Setup to Simple and Specialty Stitches [Kindle Edition] Epub Free
- File Size: 3719 KB
- Print Length: 128 pages
- Publisher: Creative Publishing Lifestyle; Spi edition (October 1, 2009)
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B003ODJAJ2
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
X-Ray:
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #69,267 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #16
in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies > Sewing
- #16
in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies > Sewing
I just received this book and Beth supplies a wealth of information that I didn't even receive when I took my classes from my dealer for my particular serger, which is a 4 thread unit.
She covers everything from how the serger works, to set up, the different type of feet you can use and what can be achieved. And so much other valuable information on how to get the most out of these sometimes intimidating machines.
The chapters are broken down and takes you step by step that doing inside curves, corners and many other seemingly difficult seams become relatively easy in no time with practice. It's amazing what can be done by a serger, once you learn the correct way to do it. I feel very confident I can finally master some of the techniques that were glossed over in my class, with this book.
I like that this book also covers a good amount of information on the coverstitch, someday I hope to own a machine that can do just that. There is certainly no shortage of information in this book, well written with great diagrams and pictures and put in a very logical order for skill building.
Through this book I can see where it is very possible to get the most out my machine and cut my sewing time down in half in many cases.
You can't go wrong with this book and if you are looking for just one book to get you acquainted with your machine and master it, no matter how many threads it takes or who it's manufactured by, this is definitely the book for you.
By Anne Nonn
I picked this book up a Joann fabrics at 50% off. This had been one of the best sewing books I have ever purchased. I've owed a serger for about 5 years and never really felt like I knew how to use it. After reading this book, I felt like a light bulb had gone off. One tip - to move tension to zero when threading- has made all the difference.
This isn't a book about dorky projects to make on a serger, it's about how to use the serger you've got. I can't recommend it enough.
By L. Moszer
Book Preview
Successful Serging: From Setup to Simple and Specialty Stitches Download
Please Wait...