The Gabriel Method: The Revolutionary Diet-Free Way to Totally Transform Your Body [Unabridged] [Audible Audio Edition] Author: | Language: English | ISBN:
B00ANTV0T8 | Format: PDF, EPUB
The Gabriel Method: The Revolutionary Diet-Free Way to Totally Transform Your Body Epub FreeDownload for free books The Gabriel Method: The Revolutionary Diet-Free Way to Totally Transform Your Body [Unabridged] [Audible Audio Edition] Epub Free for everyone book 4shared, mediafire, hotfile, and mirror link
The pile of recent dieting books is growing faster than the average American's waistline. From the well-known programs that deprive and restrict to ones that rely on juice alone, it seems that everybody has an answer to the growing problem of obesity.
When Jon Gabriel's life took an unexpected turn, he suddenly was awakened to the marvelous gift that he had been given - the opportunity to live - and was disgusted at how he had treated his body. At over four hundred pounds, walking, sleeping, and working was a struggle against gravity, and his life was a constant battle between emotional and physical satiation. He was slowly killing himself with food.
Like the estimated 58 percent of Americans, and rising numbers in other countries, Jon was trapped in what he came to call the FAT - Famine and Temperature - trap. By studying biochemistry, Gabriel learned that your body has an internal logic that determines how fat or thin you will be at any given time. The way to lose weight is not to struggle or to force yourself to lose weight but to understand this internal logic and work with it so that your body wants to be thinner. When your body wants to be thinner, weight loss is inevitable and becomes automatic and effortless. You simply crave less food, you crave healthier foods, your metabolism speeds up and you become very efficient at burning fat, just like a naturally thin person. And that's the real transformation - to transform yourself into a naturally thin person, so that you can eat whatever you want whenever you want and still be thin, fit, and vibrantly healthy.
After listening to The Gabriel Method, you will learn:
- Your body has a reason why it's holding on to weight - and it's not your fault.
- Fat is a cushion - a protective barrier that our mind believes is helping to protect us.
- If you can change that belief, you can change your body; stop the cycle of crash dieting and start eating what you want, when y...
Books with free ebook downloads available The Gabriel Method: The Revolutionary Diet-Free Way to Totally Transform Your Body Epub Free
- Audible Audio Edition
- Listening Length: 5 hours and 14 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Tantor Audio
- Audible.com Release Date: December 31, 2012
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00ANTV0T8
I have a graduate degree in nutrition and extensive knowledge of nondiet approaches, including Shapedown, Intuitive Eating, and Eating Competence. That said, I believe we all have our own inner wisdom and should follow what works for our own, unique bodies. So this review is my own personal view. It doesn't mean I bow to the USDA or don't have a critical thought in my head, it's just my review of the book (which I liked).
THE BABY: Gabriel's book has some wonderful qualities, including the visualizations, which I find to be a missing link in many nondiet approaches to weight management. He also gets the reader to "add in" healthy foods rather than "restricting out" foods that they see as "forbidden." This is something I've always preached and agree with wholeheartedly. His take on the dynamics of dieting and emotional starvation are spot on.
THE BATHWATER: Although he has "notes" and citations at the end of each chapter, don't get caught up in some of the nutritional assertions he makes. Pasteurizing milk does not "denature" the calcium in it. Calcium cannot be denatured... it's a mineral, not a protein. The calcium in any milk is just fine. Eating foods in a specific order is also unfounded. He says that meat requires an acidic environment, where milk and starch require alkaline ones... well yes, no, and it doesn't matter. Protein (from both the meat and milk) is digested first in the acidic environment of the stomach, and then in the alkaline environment of the small intestine (the pancreas shoots in bicarbonate to neutralize the stomach acid). Sugars and starches are primarily digested in the small intestine. The key: your stomach is like a blender, and all the nutrients are in one big glob.
I am not an overweight person but I'm not thin either. I am in the normal weight range for someone of my height. That said, I am only 5'1" tall so for me, gaining even 5 pounds makes a big difference. I got this book not because I wanted to get skinny overnight, but rather, learn why, after 18 years, I can't seem to lose these last 15 pounds. I eat right, exercise moderately and drink plenty of water. So why do I have these love handles and why do my thighs rub together when I walk?
For me, having an extra 15 pounds on my frame means the difference between having PCOS or not. It's enough to slow down my metabolism and cause me to gain even more weight. It's enough to make exercising painful. It's enough to make me feel tired all the time. I've tried diets and exercise but I always gain the weight back. It seems my body is set at staying this weight, no matter what I do.
Now, after reading The Gabriel Method I understand why my body is holding onto these extra 15 pounds of fat. All of the lifestyle changes I made in the past were physical, none were psychological. I realized that the change has to happen in my mind for it to happen in my body. I am seeing amazing results so far and I've only been using the method for a month. The first week my appetite reduced and my thirst increased. The second week I began feeling better about my body and gaining confidence. The third week I began exercising regularly. I've never been this consistent with my workout routines. (I now run 4-5 times and week and will begin swimming soon.)
I've learned why depriving myself of the foods I love can backfire in the end. I learned why diets don't work. I learned why counting calories doesn't work. I've learned to love my body. And best of all, I've learned patience.
Book Preview
The Gabriel Method: The Revolutionary Diet-Free Way to Totally Transform Your Body Download
Please Wait...